“And the winner is… Love The Bad Guy!”
<insert APPLAUSE here>
I am blushing like a school-girl, folks, because I have been granted the endearing, encouraging, exciting award, The Versatile Blogger.
The lovely Stef from over at Dodging Commas passed it on to me and a handful of others, and we shall now do the same (even if I am doing so several weeks after she gave it to me… My bad, you guys). During my travels through the world of blogging, I have seen that glorious green logo pass through numerous hands with grateful words and triumphant posts. To have it now sitting prettily in my own little slice of the Internet fills me with more pride than you can imagine.
I would fall upon the old cliché that ”I’d like to thank the little people”, but at my height, they don’t get much smaller. Besides, the bad guys are who I write about, so, heck with it, I’ll thank the evil people.
Now, down to business…
- Post a link to the person who gave you the award.
- Tell your readers seven random things about yourself.
- Award up to 15 newly discovered blogs.
- Send them a note letting them know you nominated them.
So you wanna know seven things about me? (…No? Tough, I’m telling you anyway.)
- I hate Vegemite. That’s right – I am an Australian, but I am not a happy little vegemite. Seriously, it’s derived from beer, it smells awful and tastes like feet. I don’t know how I know it tastes like feet, but I am about 97% certain that it does.
- I’ve never left the country. In fact, I barely travel at all, though not for lack of trying. Unfortunately, when one wishes to travel, one requires this bothersome thing called money. And I have none of it. One day, I would love to go to the “big ones” – London, Paris, Rome… Especially Rome. Most beautiful city in the world, or so my Italian instructor keeps telling me.
- I have a ridiculously large DVD collection. You see, I never rent movies. I simply buy them for myself, relying on the basis that I will surely want to watch them more than once. And don’t get me started on my “TV-on-DVD” collection! I almost have a television show for every letter of the alphabet! (Speaking of alphabet… All my DVDs are in alphabetical order. ‘Cause that’s just the way I roll…)
- I am a cat person. (i.e. the type of person who doesn’t mind cat fur. All. Over. Everything.) I’ve owned many cats over my lifetime; I’ve had to say goodbye to many of them, too. But there is just something absolutely perfect about sitting in a warm chair with a sweet cup of tea, a good book, and a purring cat on your lap. Haven’t tried it? You don’t know what you’re missing. (Bonus fact: My current baby’s name is Charlie, and he is just awesome.)
- Never been kissed. Yes, that is a statement about my life and not a reference to the movie. “Sweet sixteen and never been kissed”? Phhttt. I got that beat. My theory is: I’ve waited this long, so surely my first will seem all the more romantic. (Call me an optimist!)
- I can say the alphabet backwards. And I mean fluently. I’m always hoping that a cop will pull me over and jokingly request that I do so, and then BAM! I do exactly that in ten seconds flat. (Bonus fact II: I have never been pulled over by a cop. I assume they see me coming and think, “Huh. That chick wears glasses. She must be smart, she wouldn’t be drinking and driving.” And away I go…)
- I collect Garfields. If any of my readers are thinking to themselves right now, What’s a Garfield?, then you should know that somewhere, somehow, a small piece of me just died. I adore Garfield, and have done so ever since I was a child. And this isn’t your regular run-of-the-mill fascination. This is full-blown, undeniable, move-out-of-my-way-and-put-down-the-Garfield-toy-or-I-will-destroy-you obsession.
Want some proof? Here’s a picture of just one corner of my bedroom:
Yeah. I kinda sorta love that cartoon cat.
Moving on to the Versatile Blogger Award nominees:
I have only been present in the blogosphere for a short time, and while I have discovered quite a few blogs that I adore, most of them are either incredibly popular and were discovered some time ago, or have already received the Versy Award. That is why my list is rather pitifully small. Only 33% of what it could have been, for you maths buffs. Nevertheless, these guys are awesome, so congrats! You deserve it.
Go spread the love.
- The (Writer’s) Waiting Room
- The Rhyming Med Student
- Mike’s Short Stories
- The Write Project
- Chris White Writes
- Love The [Flattered] Bad Guy